Friday, September 23, 2011

TOP 10 REASONS EMPLOYERS MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO HIRE YOU

#10. I was able to SEO (search engine optimization) all the right words on my resume so it would keep me from going into the black hole abyss, which is better known as their resume / application database.

#9. I learned that one more rejection is just one step closer to even more rejections.

#8. I am determined, hardworking and I paid Linkedin to get them to put my application at the top of the pile of 1,000 other resumes applying for the same job.

#7. I do not have a degree, but have major experience in the field I am applying for. Now of course we all know having a degree ensures that one can do the job better than someone who has "HANDS ON" experience.

#6. I have a perfect employment track record. Then they tell me "we give the first consideration to those based on "approved credit only."

#5. My resume was professionally written by "Pay me a butt load of cash for nothing dot com. But hey; they know how to use spell check!

#4. During the interview the employer asked the question "what are the areas you think you need to improve in?" I said " I really need to improve my score at beer pong.

#3. So I get the job only to find that the pay is the amount I made when I started my career 25 years ago.

#2. The employer did a web search on my name and found pictures of me on Facebook winning The Miss, "I Cannot Believe You Drank it all" Pageant during October Fest.

AND THE #1 REASON AN EMPLOYER MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO HIRE YOU IS: THE PERSON INTERVIEWING YOU REALIZES YOU ARE MORE QUALIFIED TO DO THEIR JOB THAN THEY ARE. KINDA LIKE THE SAYING; HEAVEN DOESN'T WANT YOU, AND HELL'S AFRAID OF YOU TAKING OVER!

Written by: Donna Farrell



No comments:

Post a Comment